Introduction, Background and Year of Establishment of Institution:
Department of Pharmacy, abbreviated as DOP was established in 2017 by Shri. Suresh Singh Bhadoriya, Chairman, Index Group of Institutes. Institute is sister concern of Index Medical College, Hospital & Research Center. Institute is famous by the name of Index College of Pharmacy. It has been approved by UGC and PCI under section 12 with affiliation from the Malwanchal University. The institute offers updated knowledge on current topics through Knowledge Base Platform and variety of events every year on various topics.
The college conducts industry visits and trainings on hospital pharmacy, pathology units and microbiology department on regular basis in Index Hospital. Institute trains students by conducting various Public Health Campaigns in various strata of the society including rural and slum areas by organizing various Health Campaigns in association with Index Medical College.
To be recognised as the institution providing quality education in pharmacy to serve the healthcare sector.
- By imparting knowledge in the field of pharmacy through continuous improvement in integrated teaching learning process.
- All-round development of the students by inculcating sense of ethical practices, social empathy and management skills.
- Encourage students towards higher education and research.
The main objective of the program is to produce and qualify pharmacy graduates who satisfy the following characteristics:
- Handle chemicals effectively and safely with respect to relevant laws and legislations.
- Capable of formulating and preparing pharmaceutical products.
- Perform various qualitative and quantitative analytical techniques to assess the quality and quantity of raw materials and pharmaceutical products.
- Utilize their thorough understanding of their fundamental knowledge to provide drug information and education services to the community and patients about the use of medications and medical devices.
- Possess the core knowledge concerning the principles of patho physiology of diseases and pharmacotherapy to be able to participate with other health care professionals in improving health care services using evidence-based data and manage uncommon or highly complex cases.
- Plan, design and conduct research using appropriate methodologies.
- Develop presentation, promotion, marketing, business administration, numeric and computation skills.
- Demonstrate capability of communication skills, time management, critical thinking, problem -solving, decision-making and team-working.
- Manage the safe and efficient distribution of medications and participate in quality assurance and improvement programs to maintain the sustainability of good practice.
Program Educational Outcome (PEO):
- PEO 1: Career Advancement & Growth
Pursue graduate program to succeed in academia, Pharmaceutical and allied industry.
- PEO 2: Healthcare service
Serve healthcare sector such as hospital, clinical and community pharmacy.
- PEO 3: Quality Analysis & Control
Practice pharmaceutical jurisprudence in pharmaceutical and clinical sector.
- PEO 4: Self-reliance & Creativity
Demonstrate leadership, interpersonal skills and creativity to become an entrepreneur or professional.
Department of Pharmacy is committed to provide environment to student for development of their knowledge and aptitude in the field of pharmacy and related sciences. This will be achieved through continuous efforts in developing and framing comprehensive policies for faculty members who share knowledge and experiences with students to grow them high in their future endeavor.
Updating infrastructure, facilities and services to make education more research based on current industry / academic trends and to prepare students competitive, comparable, analytic and confident.
Qualification for Pharmacist:
The minimum qualification required for registration as a pharmacist shall be a passing Diploma in Pharmacy / Bachelor of pharmacy.
Head of Institution (Principal)
Mr. Harsoliya M. Sohel,
Email id: email@example.com
For Admission Related Queries:
Mr. Vinod Yadav